Craig was approaching his 40th birthday and felt overweight, out of shape and like his body was deteriorating.
He trained regularly, but an injury was holding him back from getting in the shape he wanted.
Coming to UP, he says he was feeling slightly depressed and in need of motivation to change his fitness with his milestone birthday looming.
Fast-forward eight weeks and Craig is a man revitalised – as his impressive ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos show.
His strength has gone through the roof, his confidence is back and he is delighted with the lean new physique he built with the help of his UP personal trainer.
The testimonial of his 8-week transformation is below…
* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
What were your expectations going into the programme and what were your motivations?
My motivation was that am getting close to 40 and although I am training regularly I could see and feel that my condition was deteriorating.
I needed some help to improve my progress especially as I was carrying an injury which meant I was unable to run.
Can you tell me how you were feeling both physically and mentally before starting with UP?
Before starting UP, I was slightly depressed. I felt that I was carrying too much weight and did not have the self-motivation to do anything about it.
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started your transformation with UP?
I thought that my diet was relatively healthy and I ate most things in moderation, however, since completing my programme at UP, I feel much more educated about nutrition and diet.
I have changed my diet quite significantly, and although that was a struggle to begin with, it is now far easier, and with the knowledge I have learned I think I can easily maintain a healthier diet going forward.
In short, before UP, I was eating way too many carbs, and not enough protein. Now I have got the balance a lot better.
My lifestyle didn’t change much, other than slightly less social activities due to avoiding alcohol.
What effect did this have on your health, performance, lifestyle and energy inside and outside the gym?
I feel a lot healthier now after the UP programme. I have lost a lot of body weight (79kg to 72kg approximately), and body fat has been reduced from approximately 17% to 11%.
I am a lot more comfortable with how I look and I feel much more confident.
I do feel stronger now, and the strength improvement was easily noticeable form starting the training sessions to now.
How did you find the training and did it fit around your busy lifestyle?
The training was excellent. My trainer has again educated me in how to do strength training in a more controlled and efficient way. I have trained for many years, but in these eight weeks I have learned so much more.
My trainer pushed and motivated me by encouraging me all the way through and demanding I work very hard every session.
The flexibility of my trainer meant it was no problem to fit in with my schedule. I came early morning some weeks and early evening others – he was happy to accommodate something that fitted with the schedule of me and my family.
What were your results like after your transformation?
The results are great. I’m feeling good, looking much better and have more confidence.
What were the most important things you learned during your journey and what really worked for you in helping you make your transformation?
I was committed to making this work and so just having the willpower to keep it going was the most important to me.
My trainer’s encouragement and the regular measurements helped a lot, as it shows the progress and helped to again motivate me.
The technique for doing weight training was also important and something that will, of course, stay with me now.
How has doing this transformation changed you and do you think it will benefit you going forward?
This programme has set me up for continuing a healthier and more active lifestyle in the immediate future and going forward into my 40’s. The knowledge I have gained will make my ongoing efforts much easier.
Would you recommend UP and why?
Yes, I would recommend UP to friends, with a caveat that they need to fully commit and there are sacrifices that need to be made.
Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.