Daniel went from a deskbound, overweight office worker to fitness addict in 20 weeks.
Forty-two and fat, Daniel realized that the only thing that would get him fit was a professional personal training programme.
He had heard about Ultimate Performance and checked it out online.
His first reaction was disbelief – he thought it looked ‘too good to be true’.
“You see all these results, and there’s a little disclaimer saying ‘not everyone‘s going to get this.’
“So, I reached out to some friends, and I spoke to a couple of people who had done it, and they said it totally works but you‘ve got to be really committed and if you‘re going to do it, you have to put 100% in to get the results.”
Daniel didn’t think twice – he signed up on his first visit to U.P. and 20 weeks later his commitment and effort paid off in incredible fashion
Now he is almost 10kg lighter and has lost 19% body fat to build an enviable physique.
Like so many busy city-living men, Daniel’s weight problems were caused by a sedentary lifestyle stuck behind a desk.
With age, his activity levels dropped and his metabolism slowed down, and as work and family life became more hectic, his body began to suffer.
The inches and pounds were slowly creeping up and he didn’t even realise until one day he realised enough was enough.
“My diet and lifestyle before U.P. were pretty disastrous on all counts. I sit at a desk all day, and I was eating all the wrong things.
“I was in pretty strong denial. I don‘t think I saw the fat person to quite the extent I was when I looked in the mirror.
“I knew something was wrong and one day I kind of thought that you’re either getting worse or you’re getting better, there’s no kind of standing still with your health.
“But I think it’s only when I look back at my ‘before’ photos that I realized ‘oh wow! I really was a mess then.”
Change is never easy at first. Daniel found the training challenging as learning his new lifestyle habits.
What really helped was when his wife signed up alongside him a couple of weeks in and it really motivated him to stay the course and get the results he wanted.
“It’s a bit of a shock when you start. It’s a whole lifestyle change – you know totally changing my diet, spending a lot of time exercising. I lost two and a half kilos in the first two weeks which is a really good feeling at the start.”
Like many people, Daniel had spent some time in the gym in his younger days. In his 20s, he had even tried his hand at weight training. But bad posture and incorrect training turned him off.
With U.P. he not only saw results, but also learned the nuances of weight training and nutrition.
“On the training front, one of the fundamental things I’ve learned is actually what I’m capable of and how hard I can go now that I know what I‘m doing. There’s a whole art to it; it’s not just moving a piece of metal; there’s so much technique – feeling the muscle, isolating it, getting the motion right, not hurting yourself through an incorrect form.
“I can feel like I’ve improved a whole ton!
“On the nutrition front, I now know what I should be eating, I know how much I should be eating, I know how to vary my diet depending on what my goals are. If I do end up putting on a couple of pounds because I go on holiday, I know exactly what I need to do to get them back off again.”
After 20 weeks at U.P., Daniel is back in control of his life. Apart from the jaw-dropping physical changes, he also experienced an overall improvement in his day-to-day life.
“I’ve got a ton more energy than I used to have, both physically and mentally. Just in small things – like I have a heavy backpack, I have to lug to the station every morning, and it’s nearly a mile. It used to bother me, whereas now the weight is pretty much insignificant.
“When I wake up in the morning, I don’t have the stiff back that I used to have; I don’t have the aches I used to have.
Daniel with his daughters, getting ready to lift some weights!
“If I hadn’t gone with U.P. I would still be sitting on my desk and probably would have put on another kilo and been no better off.
“Just from the effect it’s had on me, four other people have started training at U.P. – obviously, this thing works!”
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.