Gaining weight and getting out of shape as you get older isn’t an inevitability.
You can have the best body you’ve ever had at any age – 45-year-old Adrian is a testament to that.
His goal was simple when he started at UP – lose a little weight and perhaps get a six-pack.
Now after 16 weeks he has made a remarkable transformation and achieved his goals, and much more.
Losing 10kg and dropping to a defined 9% body fat, Adrian has the lean, athletic physique that most men of any age would be proud of.
He says he has more energy, better posture, improved mobility and better overall wellbeing.
Company Director Adrian says he now has the tools and the knowledge to stay in this shape long into the future.
He says: “Looking in the mirror every morning is now the only reminder and motivating factor required to keep in this shape for life.”
Adrian speaks about his 16-week transformation below…
What were your expectations going into the programme and what were your motivations?
I was expecting to ‘lose a bit of excess fat’, and re-kick-start my training that had plateaued.
My main motivation was to lose what I thought was just a few pounds and aim for a six-pack. I didn’t want to slip into middle age with a spare tyre and never recover!
Can you tell me how you were feeling both physically and mentally before starting with UP?
I felt in reasonable shape both physically and mentally – I would always say I could be a bit fitter.
What was your diet and lifestyle like before you started your transformation with UP?
My diet was in a pretty good place; I’m not a massive drinker etc. I could succumb to my sweet tooth from time to time, especially when very busy with work.
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started your transformation with UP?
I became very disciplined with regard to monitoring what I ate and also with my daily weigh-in.
I always know that ‘if it can be measured, it can be managed,’ but having to report into someone (my trainer Emily) actually made me be consistent.
The help on the ratios of carbs/protein/fat and, more importantly, the time of day to consume was quite a game changer.
What effect did this have on your health, performance, lifestyle and energy inside and outside the gym?
More energy – no mid-afternoon slumps. Probably fewer mood swings.
How did you find the training and did it fit around your busy lifestyle?
Yes, you have to commit. But a busy man always has time. Once you realise that you have a finite amount of time per week, then you have to prioritise.
Putting training and wellbeing first actually has such positive effect on all other aspects of my life that I probably created the time for training by being more effective. It snowballs from there.
What were your results like after your transformation?
Great. I lost a lot more than I thought I was going to – felt and looked lean, got a much-improved posture, as well as improved mobility and wellness.
What were the most important things you learned during your journey and what really worked for you in helping you make your transformation?
In my case: just subtle tweaks in my diet can make a huge difference. The daily discipline, which is now routine – weighing in, scores, food and photos.
Learning how to split up training sessions through the week, how form during a rep is more important than the actual weight.
The value of a warm-up, stretching and active recovery.
How has doing this transformation changed you and do you think it will benefit you going forward?
I set myself targets that I achieved, and I know with confidence that I can adjust training and diet and change things quickly.
I have kicked a few bad diet habits that I won’t return to as I have now, with discipline as described, created better habits.
I can’t see myself just putting weight back on – I am sure this will have improved my health for life. My energy levels are much improved.
Would you recommend UP and why?
Yes. The boost in energy levels and well-being positively affect every aspect of your life.
The changes I have put in place are easy to maintain. For me, the body changes (size and leanness etc.) give me a great sense of achievement of where I have come over the past few months.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.